Huge turn out of voters in Kerala, Pondicherry and Tamil Naidu is a definite sign of the coming of a Change in the attitude of us Indians. I have always believed out democracy and its biggest pillar to strengthen electioneering system of our country is has all power and material to conduct free and fair elections in any part of our vast diverse and developed and under developed remote and very remote areas.
In my talk with Chief Election Commissioner of India Sri S Y Quraishi, on my Show H B D B, Hum Badleinge Desh Badlega on Etv Urud, in our effort to bring a greater change and reforms in electrol system, we discussed all aspects of democracy and strengthening of ways and means of conducting free and fair elections in our constituencies both for states and for our centre and union territories.
Mr. Quraishi was strongly of the opinion that there is need to strengthen the process of decriminalization in politics and he and his department has taken strong and broader measures to make sure elections are conducted in a fair and free manner effectively following the improved and stronger and stricter guidelines of commission.
We have see how the Election Commission taken effective measures without sparing any of the political party or even a high flying politician when he or she has violated the guidelines the commission has come to punish and sent notices and asked for explanations from them.
The Cash for Vote is exposed confirming my apprehension and fear that today Indian elections are becoming toy in to the hands of Cash Rich Politicians and Political Parties. Tons of cash coming on camera in constituencies in states which have gone for elections is such a large scale is a great threat to our democracy and fair functioning of the our Parliaments and Assemblies.
Notices and seizing of cash is not enough need is a very extensive and large scale debate and reforms in electioneering norms and procedures on the way we are conducting the elations even after great work from great reformers like TN Shesha and the present Chef Elections Commissioner of Indian Shri S Y Quraishi our effectiveness is ineffective.
Few Reforms that should be immediately effected before the next 2014 General Elections are.
- No person with a criminal record should be permitted to file his nomination for any of the public service and positions of public servants like MLA and MP’s and even to the levels of Panchayats and Corporations.
- If it is proved that a candidate has violated the code of conduct in more than two times in an elections which he is contesting he should be debarred from the election and barred from contesting for two terms that is for at least 10 years.
- No political party and individual should be tolerated for polarizing the masses on the bases of religion caste region and even on local issues of that may come in to the category of religion caste, or regional bias.
- Every improvement originates from how a Parliament or a Assemble works, we need positive constructive and nationalistic members in our bodies it has to be a healthy minds in grouping with a common goal to make the nation of strength and uncorrupt able minds. Politicians in any party are expected to have this barometer and build our secular and democratic credentials of our nation so dreamed by our fore fathers. Parliament of rightly educated and principled people.
- This is possible by we the people and with concious and righful utilization of our vote. We the people should not be influenced by soft talk, false promises, corrupt practices, none of us in villages, and in urban should sell away our right to vote by cheaply giving away our votes for small cash, or kind, or getting influenced and mislead by regional, religious, and caste driven slogans.
- Goal should always be to elect a person who honors our constitution, our nationalism and our passion to make India strong with in both politically, administratively for single object to make the people of the nation benefit, rich or poor, influential or disadvantaged, we all need to take with us the vast majority of population 85 percent who are still living in a dismay with a meager 30 Rs. wage average a day.Say no to Corrupt, Biased, and People with agendas to divide us.
- Once elected member should not resign If he resigns he should be barred from contesting again in by elections.
- There should be not changing of parties between the term. Mid term election system need re thinking and coming out with a law which will disallow exploiting the present system of changing parties and weakening alliances and parties.
With a hope much needed reforms will be in place soon, and elections will erase the taint on our system and rejected selfish and corrupt and criminals from our political system and cleans our temples of law and democratic ethos our Parliaments and Assemblies.